Tier II Submit
Search and Rescue
Disaster Declaration Info
Training will helpin providing emergency communication. There are many ways to train including participating in exercises, contesting, and formal training. Listed below are some of the formal courses. Many courses will help in providing emergency communications and in understanding the organizational structure of the organizations served. Here are some recommended and useful courses.
- IS-22 Are You Ready? An In-depth Guide to Citizen Preparedness
- IS-317 Introduction to Community Emergency Response Teams
- ARRL Certification and Continuing Education Courses
Useful courses are:
- EC-001 Level I Emergency Communications Course
- EC-002 Level II Emergency Communications Course
- EC-003 Level III Emergency Communications Course
All FEMA independent study courses are free, and college credit and retirement points for military reservists may be available.